I thought we'd take a peek into one of the books I'm dying to read (see post below). Ready?
They called the world beyond the walls of the Pod, "the Death Shop." A million ways to die out there. Aria never thought she'd get so close.
She bit her lip as she stared at the heavy steel door in front of her. A display screen read AGRICULTURE 6 -- NO ENTRY in flashing red letters.
Ag 6 was just a service dome, Aria told herself. Dozens of domes supplied Reverie with food, water, oxygen -- all the things an enclosed city needed. Ag 6 had been damaged in a recent storm, but supposedly the damage was minor.
--from Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
Reasons to read:
1. "The Death Shop" -- brilliant name.
2. We are instantly drawn in when we realize someone is getting close to the world beyond -- will she die? Will she survive? How? Why IS she so close?
3. I want to know more about this world -- the Pods, Reverie (the city -- another great name), the outside...
4. Aria -- another great name! I am loving the word choices here.
5. Supposedly...!!! What does this mean for our intrepid heroine?
The beginning of this book is suspenseful -- it plunges you right into the world and hints at the mystery surrounding Reverie.
I am intrigued.