Welcome Back to First Line Friday!
Today we are talking about a series I am so ecstatic about I almost did cartwheels when I heard the glorious news.
Are you emotionally upheaved at the mere mention of The Sugar Bowl?
Do you ever wonder about the backstory of one Lemony Snicket?
Did you ever read A Series of Unfortunate Events?
If you have and are insanely curious about what is coming next, then, dear readers, let us discuss the first paragraph of...Lemony Snicket's NEW SERIES, All the Wrong Questions!!!
"There was a town, and there was a girl, and there was a theft. I was living in the town, and I was hired to investigate the theft, and I thought the girl had nothing to do with it. I was almost thirteen and I was wrong. I was wrong about all of it. I should have asked the question, "Why would someone say something was stolen when it was never theirs to begin with?" Instead, I asked the wrong question -- four wrong questions, more or less. This is the account of the first."
From Who Could That Be At This Hour? (All the Wrong Questions, Book One) by Lemony Snicket.
Reasons I'm insanely excited about this very first paragraph:
1. THE SUGAR BOWL!!! Are we going to learn about this mysterious object and its equally mysterious past (AND WHAT IS INSIDE?!)?
2. Who is the girl (are there more than one? Is one of them the Baudelaire's mother? Is one of them Esme Squalor??)?
3. What "all" is Lemony wrong about?!
4. What are the other questions???
5. Is this going to be a tell-all about the sugar bowl and Lemony's shadowy past, or will he uncover even MORE questions that shouldn't have been asked (or answered)?
I am also insanely pleased to let you in on a not-so-well-kept secret: If you visit Mr. Snicket's website, you can read the first TWO CHAPTERS of this book! (Find it HERE)
The book in its entirety will hit shelves in October. I can't wait!!!