Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ratfist by Doug Tennapel

Another graphic novel I picked up during my binge* a few weeks ago, Ratfist is an incredibly unique, hysterical, heart-breaking and thought-provoking story based on a portion of Ecclesiastes.

This novel yanked me through the story at a break-neck pace, not even stopping for me to catch my breath from laughing so hard (seriously, this guy writes the best jokes).  It's a little dark, a little silly and provides tons of food for thought.

It looks deceptively simple on the surface, but once you plunge in, it just keeps getting deeper.  I may have to read it again to pick up on even more of the themes and issues grappled with in this tale.

I read Tommysaurus Rex (also a great graphic novel) and Creature Tech (and this one's great too) a long time ago and never realized just how MUCH Doug Tennapel had written.

Looking forward to catching up.



*I have a bad habit of binging on books -- I'll grab 20 books in one genre and devour them over a few weeks.  I'm so glad I don't have to count calories for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment