The reason I can't pick a favorite...
Here are books I would have put on the 25 book list but forgot:
1. The Golden Age by Kenneth Graghme
2. The Search for Delicious by Natalie Babbit
3. The Emily Trilogy by L.M. Montgomery
4. The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery
5. The High Seas Trilogy by Iain Lawrence
6. The Folk Keeper by Franny Billingsly
7. The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo
8. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo
9. The Sherwood Ring by Elizabeth Marie Pope
10. Beauty by Robin McKinley
Now on to the reason I'm writing this post:
I wanted to talk a little bit about what I'm going to use this blog for and what I want to accomplish.
I want people to enjoy reading - whatever their particular taste is, I want them to experience more of what they love. You like mysteries? Try these four books! You like children's fiction? Here's a list of 10! I want you to be able to go to the library, find a book, and explore a little. I want you to experience the joy that comes when a story touches your soul.
There are a few different types of blog entries I'm going to have - sometimes, I will list my favorite books; other times, I will talk about one of my favorite authors; sometimes I will pick one book and do a sort of literary criticism and promote it in hopes that you will read and come back and dialog with me.
The other thing I want is for you to tell me what YOU like - I could always add another book to my reading list! :) I want to get to know you better so that I will be able to suggest books to your liking - so leave feedback! If you've read one of the books I've mentioned, and you liked/disliked it, let me know! I'm always interested and would love to dialog with you about books. (Although, a warning: I'm hard to shut up once you mention the word 'book'!)
Have a lovely day, everyone!