Thursday, July 22, 2010

Attempted Writing, Attempted Reading, Attempted Attempts

Computer problems and a slide into a semi-depression have made me not so productive as usual. My computer will not open up my latest draft of Violet's Monster, so I resorted to outlining the next two chapters by hand yesterday afternoon.

Stress and a whole bunch of other factors have left me tired and sad and I don't want to see anybody until it's over. And also I don't feel like doing anything.

While I think I'll be snapping out of it shortly (Just got to get to August), it does aggravate me that all my attempts at productivity have failed. So far.

I'm about halfway through Violet's Monster: Volume I, and the bad part is I'm re-reading the entire Harry Potter series. I love them so much, but reading them while writing my first books is a little intimidating. It's encouraging that these were Rowling's first books and that it took seven years to publish (how is that encouraging? Well, it took her seven years, so I can relax and not feel pressured to pull a Stephenie-Meyer stunt!), but...reading her books is a little discouraging. THEY ARE SO GOOD. I know, I know, I'm not there yet and they aren't close to being published but...I'm on the seventh draft. I feel like that is a lot and I don't have so much to show for it.

So that's what the current struggle is.

I'm in the middle of a few books right now...I read:

Murder With Mirrors by Agatha Christie (I love her books!)

and I'm reading:

Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery (old favorite)
Then Comes The Flood by Agatha Christie (haven't read it before!!)
Harry Potter & The Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling (favorite, favorite, favorite)

I've got the rest of the Harry Potter & Emily series to read, another Agatha Christie, and then it's back to the library to find some more awesome books. And maybe some movies. :)

On to attempt another go at Violet's Monster: Volume I today. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment